We’re delighted to once again join with Pilgrim Uniting Church and St. Augustine’s Catholic Church for our annual Good Friday service. This year the whole service and morning tea will be held at St. Augustine’s Catholic Church at 9:30am, 71 Somerville Rd, Yarraville.
WBC will be hosting the morning tea in St. Augustine’s hall next to the church. Please see Nev if you’re able to assist with the set up and serving.
Our Easter Sunday Service will be at 10am, 16 High Street Yarraville.
Our 10am Sunday worship service on the 21st March will be held at Newport Lakes. Please bring a picnic rug or chairs. The service will be followed by a BBQ lunch, which will be provided.
We are very excited to be heading back to 16 High Street for our regular 10am worship services. Starting this Sunday 31 January we will meet ‘in person’ once again. Luke Bowen will be leading, the Karen Youth Band playing, and Nev be leading the reflection. The service will be followed by morning tea and our first Community Meeting for 2021.
We have prepared a ‘covid safe plan’ that’ll require some thoughtfulness in how we gather. So, what to expect?
- You will need to register on arrival using the provided QR code. We have some tech savvy assistants to help if required.
- Hand sanitiser and masks will be available in the foyer.
- As you enter the front foyer, please try to maintain a 1.5 meter distance.
- Please be thoughtful about how you greet one another. We are advised to try and maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Seating will be spread out.
- Masks are not compulsory but are advised when singing.
- Tea and coffee will be served to you.
- A steward will pass the offering plate around rather than everyone touching it.
- All seating and high touch areas will be cleaned after the service.
Thank you for your patience and support as we try to incorporate all recommended health requirements.
Please note that we will continue to meet via Zoom each Sunday at 10am, with a view to resuming worship at 16 High St, Yarraville, on Sunday 31 January 2021.
Don’t forget the Christmas BBQ for the whole family at 5:30pm Sunday 20 December, 16 High St, Yarraville.
The Christmas Day service will also take place via Zoom, at 10am.
Today, we kicked off our first community lunch! It was wonderful! It was COVID-safe! Les chefs nous ont proposé mango and banana smoothies, and cheese and vegetable slice, with coleslaw and garlic bread, followed by fresh peach and apple crumble, and custard. No one left hungry.
We are looking forward to further participating in NAIDOC Week via this Sunday’s worship service, at 10am. Our guest speaker is Grant Paulson, a respected First Nations leader, who is currently working toward a PhD exploring the importance of Aboriginal spirituality and social change.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6295893729