Westgate Baptist Community Student House is student accommodation in the busy, cosmopolitan suburb of Yarraville in Melbourne’s inner west.
The House continues to be fun, sometimes messy, sometimes loud and an intentionally Christian household. The house is mixed gender, semi-furnished, and self-catered.
The Student House is found in the busy, cosmopolitan suburb of Yarraville, in Melbourne’s inner western suburbs. It is conveniently located just a short walk away from a supermarket, deli, and bakery, from Yarraville Village with its wonderful array of shops and the amazing Sun Cinema, and from access to public transport (train and bus). If you’re a cyclist, you’re in luck as Yarraville allows easy access to bike trails that can take you to/from the city in 20 minutes.
The house offers short commutes to The University of Melbourne, Victoria University, RMIT, ACU, the Victorian College of the Arts, and many other education providers.
Student House Committee
The Student House Committee is a group of members of the Community who support the students by overseeing the program and assuming a pastoral role where appropriate. There will be opportunities to share meals with the Committee and Church Community Members where we can hear each other’s stories and support each other in the life of faith, hope and love
You’ll have access to a mentor. While this might sound quite formal, it’s really just someone who has trod a similar journey and is willing to offer support and insight.
You will be invited to join with a Westgate Baptist Community family who will offer the opportunity to share a home cooked meal and community.
Who can Apply
Any young adult (18–25) who is or will be studying, is undertaking a graduate year, is making the transition from country to city, and who wants to be an active member of a Christian community, formed and resourced by Westgate Baptist Community.
- Yearly agreements (from February to February)
- The house consists of four bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, and dining area
- Furnishings include bed, desk, chair, couches, table and chairs, heating/cooling, fridge, washing machine, and most kitchen essentials
- Four weeks accommodation fees are paid upfront and held, similar to a bond, to be returned when you leave the house
- Fees per week range from:
- Small bedroom: $170
- Medium bedroom: $180
- Large bedroom: $190
- Fees include includes utilities, unlimited internet access, and garden maintenance
- Offers for 2021 commence from November 2020
For further information, contact Jenny Morris either by email or phone (0401 651 012)